Where to stay in Victoria
I encourage everyone to stay in downtown Victoria, since that’s where all of the “action” is. Do not wait too long to book: Victoria is a popular destination and hotels fill up quickly. In the map below, downtown Victoria is roughly bounded by Pandora Ave to the North, Douglas St to the East, Belleville St to the South and Wharf St to the West. Any hotel within or near this general area is within easy walking distance of all local attractions and restaurants.
The best way to find a hotel is to go to your favourite travel website, for instance expedia.ca, enter “Victoria BC Inner Harbour” in the search box, and search within a 3 km radius. Here are a few suggestions:
- Chateau Victoria Hotel http://www.chateauvictoria.com
- Inn at Laurel Point http://www.laurelpoint.com
- The Huntington Manor: http://huntingdonmanor.com/
- The Bedford Regency Hotel: http://bedfordregency.com/
- Hotel Grand Pacific: http://www.hotelgrandpacific.com/
- Swans Suite Hotel http://www.swanshotel.com (also associated with one of Victoria’s most famous microbreweries)
- The Fairmont Empress: http://www.fairmont.com/empress.
B&Bs are generally quite expensive in Victoria, but if you prefer to stay in one, here are a few located in historic houses in the downtown area: